This is the second installment of Inspector Reflector, a monthly report of health inspection scores for Statesboro restaurants and food service establishments. Check back at the end of every month for more scores.
What is Inspector Reflector?
The Inspector Reflector series aims to keep Georgia Southern University students and Statesboro residents adequately informed about the cleanliness and safety of local restaurants and food service establishments.
Food safety and restaurant cleanliness are part of what makes dining out so enjoyable. Patrons walk into restaurants trusting that the local health department has thoroughly inspected the property for violations, a process which ensures their safety and enhances their overall dining experience.
Health Inspection Statistics (February 2019)
Seventeen Statesboro restaurants and food service establishments were inspected between Feb. 1 and Feb. 28. This amount does not include follow-up inspections from January.
Of the 17 inspected, 11 (65 percent) received a score of 90 or above. The remaining six (35 percent) received a score between 75 and 89.
The local health department is required to inspect every restaurant and food service establishment at least twice per year, so expect more restaurants and scores to be listed in Inspector Reflector in the coming months.
Health Inspection Scores (February 2019)
|Scratch Made Catering||96|
|Wendy’s (Northside Drive)||96|
|Willow Pond Assisted Living||95|
|Waffle House (Northside Drive)||95|
|Home 2 Suites||94|
|Waffle House (Eddie Rushing Drive)||93|
|Waffle House (South Main Street)||91|
|High Hope Service Center||89|
|The Gardens at Southern Manor||89|
|D’s Friendly Diner||80|
|Zaxby’s (Fair Road)||75|
Read the specific violations for each restaurant by using the Georgia Department of Public Health’s (GDPH) search tool here.